In order to alleviate suffering from sickness and to promote health and well being of every individual, the sMenlha Choga was started from October 2002 through contributions from interested staff members of the Institute of Traditional Medicine Services. On 3rd October 2003, corresponding to the 8th day of the 8th month in Lunar Calender, a sMenla Shabtok Tshokpa was formally instituted to continue the monthly choga uninterruptedly in future for the benefit of all sentient being.
The main Mandate of the Tshokpa is to organise and conduct monthly sMenlha Choga on 8th of every month based on lunar calendar which is a day dedicated to Sangay sMenlha. The Choga starts at 6:30 AM in the morning in sMenlha Lhakhang of the institute and any member wishing to take part in the Choga is most welcome.
1. Institute Dean, Chairman.
2. Drungtsho Jurmie Choden, Lecturer, Convener.
3. Drungtsho Dophu, Asst. Professor
4. Dechen Tshomo, Accountant.
5. Drungtsho Sithar Wangmo, Assistant Lecturer.
6. Namgay Lhamo, Senior Lecturer.
7. Dorji Phuntsho, ADMO.
8. Pema Zangmo, ICTO.
9. Councillor, Student Representative.
1. To raise fund for conducting sMenlha Choga and development of sMenlha Lhakhang.
2. To organize and conduct sMenlha Choga every month.
3. To procure required facilities and articles for sMenlha Lhakhang.
4. To organize special ceremony and empowerment for the staffs.